Complaint Summary 2019
From January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019, there were no citizen complaints against SIU police officer(s).
From January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019, there were a total of four internal affairs complaints against sworn SIU Department of Public Safety employees. Sworn personnel were involved in all four (4) of those complaints. The four complaints stemmed from two incidents, with three sworn officers involved in one incident and one sworn officer involved in the other.
- FOUNDED (4)
- Four complaints resulted in discipline.
TOTAL OF CITIZEN AND INTERNAL COMPLAINTS: 4
Disposition of Complaints
A conclusion of fact shall be made for each investigation into alleged misconduct. The conclusion of fact is the final result of an analysis of the information. Completed internal investigations shall be classified as follows:
- Unfounded – when the investigation reveals that the alleged action did not occur
- Inconclusive – where the investigation fails to uncover conclusive evidence in support or denial of the alleged action
- Exonerated – where investigation reveals that the alleged action did occur and was within Department policy and state law and was appropriate
- Founded – when the investigation reveals that the alleged action did occur and was not within Department policy or state law or was inappropriate