Prevention & Education
DPS offers several educational crime prevention programs and safety services to the campus and surrounding communities. The Crime Prevention Program is comprised of officers who provide public relations programming to university affiliated persons, other schools, and community groups by request.
To inquire about a program or to schedule one, please contact Lt. Kendall Hollister at 453-3771
- Alcohol, Drugs, and DUI -General information about the effects of alcohol and drugs and how they can affect your daily life.
- Basic Crime Prevention - Basic Crime Prevention techniques you can use in your home or car.
- Sexual Assault/Common Sense Self Defense - General information and techniques to avoid becoming a victim of sexual assault. This does not include physical self defense training.
- Violence in the Workplace - Current information to help you recognize and combat violence in your workplace. (Presented to staff only, this is a 2-hour program.)
All crime prevention programs are approximately one hour, unless otherwise indicated.
- University House Watch Program - Students living in Family Housing Areas (Evergreen Terrace and Southern Hills) can register with the House Watch Program by calling 453-3771 anytime. Police officers will check the doors and windows of your residence while you are away. There is no cost for this service. If you live off-campus in the City of Carbondale you can take advantage of the Carbondale Police Department's House Watch program.