2022 Complaint Summary
From January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022, there were no (0) citizen complaints against SIU police officer(s).
From January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022, there were six (6) internal affairs complaints against Department of Public Safety employees.
- FOUNDED (6)
- Six complaints resulted in six written reprimands. One complaint resulted in a coaching session, and one resulted in a resignation. The resignation involved a civilian employee. Twelve DPS employees were involved in complaints.
- EXONERATED (0)
- No complaints were exonerated.
- UNFOUNDED (0)
- No complaints were determined to be unfounded
TOTAL OF CITIZEN AND INTERNAL COMPLAINTS: 6
Disposition of Complaints
A conclusion of fact shall be made for each investigation into alleged misconduct. The conclusion of fact is the final result of an analysis of the information. Completed internal investigations shall be classified as follows:
- Unfounded – when the investigation reveals that the alleged action did not occur
- Inconclusive – where the investigation fails to uncover conclusive evidence in support or denial of the alleged action
- Exonerated – where investigation reveals that the alleged action did occur and was within Department policy and state law and was appropriate
- Founded – when the investigation reveals that the alleged action did occur and was not within Department policy or state law or was inappropriate